[Tango-L] a teaching moment

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 22:34:24 EDT 2006

Hi Jay,

At the time, my only exposure to teaching beginners
was by using the 8-count basic and your typical salon
vocabulary.  This was what all of the visiting
professionals had taught in their workshops for
novices.  I also knew next to nothing about the music.
 I had already begun trying not to teach patterns and
to focus on movement, but I had not yet seen different
ways of teaching complete novices.

It was soon afterwards that I met Susana Miller,
Robert Hauk, and Tom Stermitz.

Trini