[Tango-L] Taxi Dancers

M Gonzalez mytangoaddress at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:29:25 EDT 2006

Dear Tangueros,

Can I ask you for your views on the presence of taxi dancers at festivals
(in the US, and everywhere else)?

I don't seem to resolve my own personal deep conflict with it-- I want to
have the certainty that, when I am being asked to dance, is because the
person wanted to dance with me, rather than give me some sort of 'charity'
dance-- or a 'sales pitch' dance, to ensure that I come back to this or that
festival once more.

Even if I dance less, I ask for quality and connection--and something tells
me that, by nature, a taxi-tanda can never be good enough-- any views?

Angie