[Tango-L] syncopation

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 13:49:16 EDT 2006

--- Bruno Romero <romerob at telusplanet.net> wrote:

> Syncopation in tango music is or appears to be a
> collective term for pauses,
> suspensions, rhythms played to contra-tempo, parallel
> rhythms, etc.

What's a parallel rhythm?  That's a new term for me.

By the way, Ney Melo has a great way of teaching rhythm
that makes double-time, syncopation, and pauses completely
clear and fun for beginners.  The best method I have seen
so far.  Anyone who wants to know more about syncopation
may want to check his classes or workshops out.  Jaimes
Friedgen is my favorite for teaching how to use syncopation
in the dance.  Most people only use a fraction of the
possibilities.

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm