[Tango-L] appropriate? I don't think so.

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Fri Jul 21 08:36:49 EDT 2006

El Mundo del Tango wrote:
> I know the established net protocol is to keep private E-mails private and I
> respect it  but.....Does everybody agree with this protocol all the
> time?.....Mmmmmm......I know I do not...
> I can see some exceptions.....shouldn't we have some latitude?...I mean,
> should we protect  those who abuse this "privacy rule" to indulge in
> behaviors we find unnaceptable? Should we let them get away  with it?
> Or should we expose them?

If you want to expose them, then do so without breaching their copyright.

BTW, I am against "exposing" someone in a forum without telling the
original author, because it may rob him of the possibility to tell his
side of the story (for which he is free, of course, to repost excerpts
of his original post to others).

Note: copyright "fair use" does not apply to unpublished emails.

Whatever is said in an email is free game (unless, of course, your
statements warping whatever was said yo you are libellous).

The exact *MANNER* in which it is expressed belongs to the author.