[Tango-L] connection

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 17:18:07 EDT 2006

Well, I don't consider myself to be a close embrace commando (maybe I am), but I
  prefer much more than an emotional connection. And I prefer that the connection be
  through my torso rather than my arms and shoulders, or the ether.

"Trini y Sean (PATangoS)" <patangos at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Nicely put Melanie. Too bad that the close embrace
commandos* will argue that they are talking about an
emotional connection rather than a physical connection, and
they can not comprehend that an emotional connection is
possible at any distance. (And maybe for them, they really
can't manage it.)

*I dance close embrace because I like it, not for religious
fervor. But when it's over 75 degrees at the milonga, I
dance wide open salon, with at least 6" of breathing room
between our chests. And when I'm dancing with a really
good, creative dancer, then I'll dance that freaky nuevo
stuff.

Sean

--- Melanie Eskoff wrote:

Open (which dosen't mean arms length) salon is only danced
well when the connection is paramount to both partners.
Frame and connection are exactly the elements that make
figures really work, otherwise they fall apart, literally
and physically. I would say that open requires more
connection, not less. The connection required is not as
blatant as close dancing and not easy, but well worth the
effort.

Connection and communication in dance is not just a product
of greater square inches of body contact.

ME

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm