[Tango-L] milonga-milongueros

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 11:39:50 EDT 2006

--- Alexis Cousein <al at sgi.com> wrote:

> I mean that Deby is perfectly capable of argumenting
> on her own
> authority - there's no reason to drag the
> (undocumented) opinion
> of any Argentines into the picture once again.
Of course she's capable of arguing on her own
authority, and she does it very well, but there is
nothing at all wrong with posting that of a higher
authority also. Everybody likes a good affirmation,
and I want to read more from the people who've been
dancing in Buenos Aires for 40 years.

> I'm getting really tired of arguments degenerating
> into constant
> "I just met <insert famous Argentine> and he patted
> me on
> the back and told me I was right" style comments.
I haven't noticed that this is a "constant", but I'll
do the same thing should I need help supporting a
thesis rejected out of hand.

> The class of Argentine milongueros is like the
> bible: the corpus
> is so large that it is usually possible......
Unfortunately, this is not true. The "real"
milongueros are disappearing. Another reason that I
relish the postings providing a glimpse into their
lives, thoughts, feelings. They will all be gone
someday.

Regards,

Michael