[Tango-L] Ahhh Intellectual sophism revisted

El Mundo del Tango mail at elmundodeltango.com
Fri Jul 14 22:24:25 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deby Novitz" <dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com>
To: <tango-l at mit.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 4:09 AM
Subject: [Tango-L] Ahhh Intellectual sophism revisted

> Gabriel,
>
><< I know as a blond I have serious problems before even touching the
> keyboard,>>

I had no idea you were a blond and I fail to see the relevance
<< however being from San Diego, I know you understand that.

???????

><< Please tell me where in my post I wrote that milonguero was a style of
> dance?>>

You did not. But it was the point of my original post quarreling  with the
use of such word to label a dancing style. And you quarrel with my entire
explanation of it.

  <<I defined it as someone who dances tango.  I would also like to
> know where you get your reference point on the word milonga being
> universal to all of Latin America?
>
> I realize that my ex who is from Cali  Colombia probably doesn't make me
> an expert, however if you know Calinenos, they insist that partying and
> salsa are the best in that country.  In all the years we were together,
> I never once heard him, his family, or his friends, use the word
> milonguero.  I never heard it used in the U.S. and I never heard it used
> in Colombia.  I have never heard it used in Peru, or by my Peruvian
> friends in the U.S. I have only heard it used by people who dance
> tango.>>>

I already explained my "credentials"in reference to that matter

> Anyone who knows me, knows that I would NEVER refer to myself as a
> Portena. >>

I apologize. I did not mean it as an offense.

Gabriel