[Tango-L] Social Tango: A Cultural Perspective

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Jul 13 18:55:00 EDT 2006

Jake, "TangoDC.com" <spatz at tangoDC.com> wrote:

> The majority of those who dance open, from what I have seen with my own
> eyes, are not actually hazardous on the floor, despite the fact that less
> experienced dancers are, from time to time, afraid of their speed.

Reminds me of the German guy hereabouts who uses the opportunity afforded
by the first few bars of music before the ronda starts moving to weave a
few laps ahdead of all us slow-poke "closeys".

He's nicknamed the Porsche Driver. Are we afraid of his speed? Oh yesss...

> The problematic "closeys," however, are nearly impossible to deal with.
> ... If I dance fast and open, I can dodge them much more easily.

Hmm... so if you dance /really/ fast you can dodge even those tricky
stationary objects such as pillars and tables?

Sort of "General Theory of Tango Relativity"... in reverse <smile!>

Chris