[Tango-L] Social Tango: A Cultural Perspective

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Jul 13 11:20:28 EDT 2006

Tom wrote:
 At some races they may even offer a bottle of champagne at
> the end of   the race for the jockey who crosses the
> finish line first.
Tom:
It's ironic that you would write about a horse race because
there's a tango that reminds me of the running of the
Kentucky Derby. I'll have to look up the name the next time
I hear it. Right now, my knowledge of musical selections is
limited to "I know that tango. That's #5 on the Di Sarli
disk."

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Getting a prescription for Adramamine so I won't get sea
sick when the NY Tango Festival sets sail on the Staten
Island Ferry July 27 4PM from Whitehall Terminal