[Tango-L] Swango

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 20:21:32 EDT 2006

Yes...Swango was on off Broadway play/review, co-produced a few years
ago by Mariela Franganillo, who put on an incredible performance last
night with Jorge Torres (both of Forever Tango, he is dance captain)- at
NYC's La Boca Milonga at Il Campanello.
She is one of the great tango dancers, very milonguera ~ The production
received good reviews and probably furthered the cause of both tango and
swing.. i.e connection. It was loosely based on a West Side story
theme... (without the tragedy...)