[Tango-L] Women and Classes

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 20:20:46 EDT 2006

--- steve pastor <tang0man2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

   I personally find it rather sad when women begin to do
> adornos excessively, dancing
>   more or less with themselves rather than with their
> partner. The flip side to the woman
>   feeling like she is there only so the man can show off
> his steps is the man feeling as if
>   he is there so the woman can show off her adornos.

Steve,

Don't sweat it too much.  It is usually just a phase - one
that all women go through.  Just like the "step phase" is
one just about everyone goes through.  For women, it is
quite often her first way of learning how to express
herself.  Yes, they can be excessive, but eventually, most
women get over it.  But it is important for the woman to
try and express herself.  (Just hope she picks a good role
model).

In a private email someone made a nice analogy about
something else that applies here.  One can compare a woman
doing ornaments to a teenage girl who is putting on makeup
for the first time.  Initially, she may not get it right,
but with time and practice, she will blossom.

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm