[Tango-L] Playboy redux

Dani dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu
Tue Jul 11 19:16:57 EDT 2006

I hate to say this, but only a certain type of woman would write that only a
man would write that a woman would find it flattering to be on the cover of
Playboy...!

Firstly, it's not applicable to suggest it to be flattering to be on the
cover of Playboy. For it to be flattering to be on the cover of Playboy
would suggest that being on the cover of Playboy is in effect hiding some
sort of defect or making the person look better.

In actual fact, what is meant is that it would be flattering *to be asked*
to be on the cover of Playboy...! This is subtly different and implicates a
totally contrary concept.

However, my point is that how can you possibly generalise and say that women
(again, in general) would all be flattered or would all *not* be flattered?
One man's meat is another man's poison. Some women don't have a problem with
such posing and/or, in some cases, involvement in whatever degree of
pornography. Many actively *enjoy* it!!! ;-) Other women, on the other hand,
*do* have a problem. Unfortunately for many people it's those of the latter
group who seem to be noisiest in their protestment... and they are often
(trying to be careful not to generalise within a generalisation of a
particular faction of women) the ones who are either jealous or man-haters
or both! Let's face it! ...but let's not get into all that. It's a veritable
Pandora's Box.

Suffice to say that this List is supposed to be focused on tango.
So-o-o-o-o... let's establish a connection. Personally, I find Mora Godoy a
very attractive woman be she currently 34, 44, 54 or 94! It's all about
individual attractions and perceptions. I don't care what age she is (unless
she was under 18, of course!). Age is a worthless concept... only a number.
However, let me say that, regardless, her appearance on the cover of Playboy
(remembering that Playboy is effectively a glamour magazine, thus featuring
intelligent articles of general interest, and not, strictly speaking, a
porno mag as such) will no doubt carry an associated article on her and
consequently on tango. I'd be interested, in fact, to know the level of
focus on tango within that particular issue; has anyone read it? ...or have
you only simply been looking at the pictures? >:-))))) Can anyone send me a
copy of the article?

Anyhow, can't be bad for tango. Perhaps it will create a new concept/style
in tango evolution...? We have Canyengue, Milonga, Candombe, Ballroom,
Classic/Traditional, Extravaganza/Performance/Stage/Show, Milonguero,
Nuevo... maybe there's room now for

'PornoTango', or

'GlamTang-o', or

'GimmeyerwifeTang-o', or

'Swing'n'Tang-o'...?

Can I be part of it, please????

Pretty please?????

Dani -

'El Porno de Tango' :-):-):-)

                                            Email:
dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu

                                       Website:
www.tango-la-dolce-vita.eu <http://www.tango-la-dolce-vita.eu/>

                              Yahoo Group:

                                Yahoo page:
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/bionicdan_007

                   Online photogalleries:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/club_tango-la-dolce-vita/

http://www.flickr.com/people/club_tango-la-dolce-vita/

>Deby Novitz <dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com> wrote:

>I hate to say this, but only a man would write that a woman would find it
flattering to be on the cover of Playboy. I don't know any women who would
say that. (Even if you can, which I probably could at >53 and would not) 34
is not exactly over the hill you know. Those of us who take care of our
bodies as well as our minds can surprise the hell out of people with our
age. There is a woman here Nacha who >is I think close to my age and she
poses all the time. Personally I would rather be on the cover of Business
Week. More $$ in the long run....