[Tango-L] a woman in a chair

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 11 14:42:54 EDT 2006

Hi Sergio Vandekier

  This is not a big deal, I mean the publishing of a naked Mora Godoy on a chair , for Play Boy cover, local edition of Buenos Aires.

  The Tanguera show has been presented in Buenos Aires at Teatro El Nacional, and the theme of a woman in a chair is not a central one, there is a Mora Godoy in standing position with just a foulard covering her body, and the tango shoes. It is available at www.tanguera.com on the downloads if you are so devoted to this images, there are also posters from the asia tour .

  The show is good, it has good work and preparation , and it is the first show that produced  something different after Tango x 2 from Milena Plebs and Miguel Angel Zotto appeared.

  I am not very attracted with this stories of a woman coming to be prostituited, all the cabaret stories, the fightings ... but it is well done , and I understand that for people being in Buenos Aires, is an excellent tango show at an extremely low price compared with other places in Europe , America or Asia.

  Having said this, I have to say that I admire Mora Godoy for her hard working attitude since her beginning at the tough school that the Colon theatre was on the 1970`s , and her approach to tango dancing with persistence and intelligence. Any success she could have is desserved, if this photos at Playboy magazine help,. welcome them .

  I am thinking about the last time I use a chair for tango , it was to make the practice for the pivot around ,...... who could imagine that a chair could be used for another thing :)

  Maybe Playboy wanted also to pay a silent tribute to the Thonet chairs , they are part of the tango scene on milongas , without being noticed , for a lot of years :)

  warm regards
  alberto