[Tango-L] naked

Lee Ilan leeilan at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 12:43:17 EDT 2006

Men's fantasies aside, most women would find it degrading to be featured on a Playboy cover.
  Being commodified for the enrichment of a media outlet, perpetuating the idea that only certain body types are worthy of admiration, and handing over to outside arbiters the power to declare oneself beautiful are not appealing in the least.  Most of us celebrate our bodies for what they are and can do for us - indifferent to what Playboy or anyone else outside our intimate circle thinks about it.

  Bravo to Junior.  I hope such opportunity exists for a woman who would choose to make such a statement as well.

  And brava Ilene.
  --Lee

  From: Ilene Marder <imhmedia at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Tango-L] shame on you

  aging naked body....!!!????

you obviously don't know Junior , nor have you seen him up close!!!  you took a cheap, pot shot at one of the most talented, kind and generous tango dancers on the scene....  have you nothing else to do???

astrid wrote:

Aron wrote:
>I believe most women find it pretty much flattering to be featured on a
>Playboy cover... At 34, even more so... (of course, only considering that
>playmates are usually around 20) :)

I hear that Mora is now working with Antonio Cervila Junior, the man who presented his aging naked body in an ad for dance sneakers in a tango magazine ("All I need for tango is my body and...", the link was posted on tango-l at the time), and all I felt (unfortunately) was:"Keep your clothes on, Junior, and give us all a break."
Astrid