[Tango-L] words and music

TangoDC.com spatz at tangoDC.com
Sat Jul 8 17:49:49 EDT 2006

Hi George,

I'm continually translating tango lyrics and posting them on my website
at <<http://tangoDC.com/lyrics/index.htm>>. You can also find
translations at <<http://www.planet-tango.com/letras.htm>>. There's a
database of lyrics with thousands of entries at
<<http://argentina.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/tangos/>>, but
unfortunately the search feature has been down for a long time, and you
have to browse alphabetically.

I'm working on a couple essays on tango lyrics, parts of which will
reference the word-music interplay. I'll notify the list when they're
up. If anyone else knows of related resources, I'd love to know about
them too.

Keith Elshaw's website has a lot of music info:
<<http://totango.net/ttindex.html>>.

Otherwise, there's little in English. The translations are, for the most
part, bad. Commentary is nil. We had an interesting discussion of the
lyrics to "El ciruja" a few weeks ago-- you might check the list
archives for that one.

Jake Spatz
Washington, DC