[Tango-L] endemic

sherpal1@aol.com sherpal1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 5 14:51:10 EDT 2006

I have studied tango since 98 with Timmy tango and have taken many workshops
as well as a dozen trips to BA.  I am constantly learning and discovering new
keys to improve my follow, interpret the dance, etc.  What is ultimately quite
galling is women who study for  6 months, then decide they know enough and
stop studying meanwhile dancing with the men in the community who actually are
improving but who get corrupted by the follows who dance with all sorts of bad
habits for which the leads have to compensate, which prevents the leads from
having a continuous advancing growth curve.  I find that the reason many men
stall out is because they dance with newer women for the joy of intrigue, not
realizing that their own abilities become compromised.  In general: women who do
not keep up their tango studies can ultimately drag down a community. Sherrie