[Tango-L] Corte, what is it? %)

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Mon Jul 3 14:24:45 EDT 2006

Thank you, Steve!
I would say that Cunita is a set of those "paso cortado" done in normal time
with complete wait transform. It is a figure, not a step. ( I mean "step"
not in a sense of "figure", just a form of a step, when a person make just
one step).
And yes, Cunita was sometimes called Corte in very old ( 1914 ) books.

A thing which I call "paso cortado" and I am looking a popular name for is
mostly done in double time, it is only one forth-back,  and it is done
without weight transform. It is not a figure by itself, but a part of many
figures mostly in close, but also in open embrace.

"Rock step" is similar, but I still see the major differences and besides
this term does not sould like tango.

Igor.