[Tango-L] Sacada in different styles.

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Jul 3 07:09:39 EDT 2006

Igor Polk wrote:
> Then I stopped going to these classes. I went straight to the dance floor.
> Where, I pretty quickly learned that an opening between her legs for making
> sacadas is required
> only in TANGO NUEVO STYLE!

Mhh - in what style, pray tell us, can one step without opening
the legs ;) ?

I don't feel the mechanics are that different in open or close
embrace. The translation from intent to a sacada may require more
movement in an open frame (and there is a clearer distinction
between a position that accepts a sacada and one that doesn't), but
I can't see a qualitative distinction, only a quantitative one.

Alexis Cousein                                al at sgi.com
Solutions Architect/Senior Systems Engineer   SGI
--
Bad grammar makes me [sic].