[Tango-L] Learning to have a voice

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Jul 2 17:48:02 EDT 2006

Answering Melanie and other women talking about more active role of a women
in dance..

You can do anything you want, if you make your voice heard.

You can alter the result of the lead, make your own steps, or just do simple
adornments,
if you make them available to your man-partner to feel it.

Then it is fine, dandy, and I would say, very pleasant.

In fact, doing all that you take responsibility of the part of the lead or
even for the whole lead, responsibility for the structure of the dance,
floor-craft, line of the dance, people around, continuation of the tango
trance.
You should think about your man doing it, not about beauty of your legs. You
should talk to your man doing it.

Igor.
PS, thank you, Melanie about dancing alone, pleasant to read!
How one can dance in a couple if he/she can not dance alone !

PPS. Well, any one-lesson beginner can make many steps around the man trying
to lead her in the very first dance. Only it does not feel like dancing
together.

What a man does? Make, listen, continue. What a woman does? Listen, make,
continue. I do not see here much difference. It is all interconnected.