[Tango-L] Leading and following

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sat Jul 1 23:22:37 EDT 2006

Trini,

In your examples:

"..There is one man in our community that
I refuse to allow sacadas or anything involving the space
between my feet because I do not trust his balance.  With
another, I refuse to let my right arm be treated as a pump.
 With another, I have refused to be lead wildly around the
room..."

You did not negotiate the Result of a Particular Lead.
You negotiated the Style of Dancing. Which is  a different thing.
In general, it means you Did Not Let to Lead the particular things. See the
difference?

I am referring to not to "he led me all around the room in linear
directions",
but "he led me to the forward step, then to the cross, then to the forward
ocho" - three leads at least.
Then, if you wish, "he surprised me: instead of smoothly leading to the side
step of molinete, he over rotated me to another forward ocho..". Woops..

Igor.