[Tango-L] leading and following

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 1 14:46:52 EDT 2006

Hi Rose,

It's not just on this list. I think the woman's role is
largely overlooked in many classes, workshops and even some
communities.

Following flawlessly is not sufficient for dancing the
womans role. In my opinion, it is how the woman chooses
whether, *when* and how to follow that distinguishes the
best dancers from the mere followers.

Sean

--- Razor Girl <dilettante666 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I think the role of following is largely overlooked on this
list.  I would like to remind leaders that a woman always
has a choice whether to follow what you lead, and how to
follow it.  There is nothing you can lead without her
consent.  The very best you can do is to make
requests....that is the essence of good leading.

Regards,
Rose
Portland, OR

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm