[Tango-L] Ballroom Dancing in BsAs

june es esjune at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 17 17:44:18 EST 2006

Ballroom dancing does exist in Buenos Aires. In the Carlos Copello studio in
Abasto, an Argentine couple runs ballroom classes and they do have a good
number of men and women participating.
During my last visit to Bs As (Aug-Sep 2006), among other items on my
agenda, I made an effort to find out whether they dance the ballroom version
of tango.
Yes, they do - the class I attended happened to be a samba and ballroom
tango class. The men and women I talked to mentioned that they preferred
this version of tango because it was more elegant. Interesting! I enjoyed
the class, the people were friendly. At the end of the class, the male
instructor even danced a Viennese waltz with me . Whoopee!