[Tango-L] Orlando Piava

m i l e s miles at tangobliss.com
Wed Dec 6 10:01:26 EST 2006

Timmy,

 >We all feel sadness with his loss, but on the good note, we have
Orlando Piava Jr.

Im a reletively new convert to Tango, so Im speaking from my
teacher's stand point...and he's been telling me the same thing: The
ancients are dying off left, right and center...  And that soon there
will be none left except for those trained by the ancients, and the
faker wannabes who think they knew what they're talkin' 'bout.

Having never met Orlando, and I realize the impudence of my words
here, Im just a young pup (maybe in another 30 years I might know
somethin', of course by then I'll be 70....assuming I live that long)
I tend to disagree with your statement Timmy that Jr. there is a chip
off the old block.  He may be, he may not be.  What matters most is
that his father is dead and while Jr may be good, he's not his dad
and won't be for a long long long time to come and by then he'll be
something different in a different world.

 From an esoteric stand point, it occurs to me that Tango will
unfortunately lose its best and brightest, its unfortunate that we
are ephemeral and that we must die and that the knowledge that we
possess must pass with us.  And for those of you who say that we'll
we've been taught by X, Y, or Z, I respond to that statement by
saying: There is a difference between spelling a word, and knowing
the meaning of a word!  And they aren't the same.  Which is to say
that you may have been taught by a master, but you are not a master
yourself until you understand the meaning of what the master taught
you.  I have had the excellent good fortune to have a master teach
me, who recognizes that he is humble and that he had the good fortune
to sit at SEVERAL masters feet before they have passed.  And its my
duty and honor to pass on what I have learned to those behind me.

That said...

The Tango world feels a loss.  Im saddened that I will never get to
see this man dance or to experience this man's dance.

Sincerely,

M i l e s.

TANGOBLISS - - - - BUILDING TANGO WEBSITES FOR TANGO DANCERS
M i l e s                          miles at lassoconsultant.com
MagicMiles Software                         (415) 686 - 6164
http://www.lassoconsultant.com/   AIM/Yahoo/MSN:  magikmiles