[Tango-L] Getting students to dances

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Thu Aug 17 12:04:59 EDT 2006

I do that every Tuesday - found a nice café with half-price bottles of
wine that will let us play tango. Only the regulars come, though!

     www.TangoMoments.com

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Lois Donnay" <donnay at donnay.net>

So how does a teacher get her students to a milonga if they don't think
they're ready? I would love to see my students go out more often.
Towards
that I organize several events that are easy to attend for dancers and
non-dancers alike. We have great, friendly dancers in the community who
make
a point of dancing with beginners, a practice I encourage with rewards
like
free lessons or admission.  Still some beginners won't venture out -
"not
good enough yet" or "won't know anybody".

I would love to have the kind of influence that you seem to credit
teachers
with!
Lois Donnay
Minneapolis, MN