[Tango-L] What Does It Take to Dance Tango?

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Thu Aug 17 06:37:09 EDT 2006

So how does a teacher get her students to a milonga if they don't think
they're ready? I would love to see my students go out more often.
Towards that I organize several events that are easy to attend for
dancers and non-dancers alike. We have great, friendly dancers in the
community who make a point of dancing with beginners, a practice I
encourage with rewards like free lessons or admission.  Still some
beginners won't venture out - "not good enough yet" or "won't know
anybody".

I would love to have the kind of influence that you seem to credit
teachers with!
Lois Donnay
Minneapolis, MN