[Tango-L] Live music P.S. for musicians

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Wed Aug 16 02:05:05 EDT 2006

Thank you all for allowing me to be so bold in my posts this week.

With your indulgence, I wish live orchestras (including the esteemed
favorite Color Tango) to get with the program about milongas.

YOU PLAY THEM ALL AT LEAST 4 BPM TOO FAST.

THERE IS NO FIRE YOU HAVE TO RUN TO/FROM!!

MILONGAS ARE NOT FOR SHOWING HOW FAST YOU CAN PLAY!

They are for embracing a partner and feeling the excitement the Argentines
uncovered in the movement of bodies in a cool, synchopated, sensual way.

We're not on speed, folks.

You try and dance to your music and you'll understand why we sit and frown
when you play that silly way.

Fast, fast, fast milongas like you hear on recent records are for STAGE
choreography.

You're on stage - but you're not making music for a show.

Have a heart.