[Tango-L] (no subject)

zhannochka . love2dancetango at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 19:55:37 EDT 2006

Korey and Guldan,
Thank you for speaking out on behalf of dancers  who
love dancing to live music!  Especially, when it comes
to dancing to Tango Lorca.  I enjoy both "flying" to
Tango Lorca while dancing with a partner helping me do
that,  and being "grounded" to Tango Lorca while
dancing with a partner who prefers an old-milonguerro
style.

I'm getting sick and tired of "semi so-called
professionals" that denounce this or that band
labeling their music "undanceable".   No really, let
others decide for themselves! If you don't like
dancing to a live music band, sit out the set.  The
band will take a break, and you will get your recorded
music.  But do us all a favor, keep your mouth shut
while you are not dancing and let those on a dance
floor enjoy it.

Better yet, stay away with your negativity from the
festivals.  No one, not the organizers, not musicians
and not even other dancers need to hear you b****ing
about not being able to "dance" to  live music.  Stay
at home with your records.  Let both music and and
dance evolve and grow under patronage of
PROFFESSIONALS!

Another set of live music for me, please!

Zhanna

P.S. perhaps there should be more musicality workshops
taught by professional musicians to help dancers
figure out how to dance to tango music of today.