[Tango-L] Everyone's "one of the most respected and well-known dancers in BA"

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Thu Aug 3 15:34:12 EDT 2006

Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com> writes
    to Lois Donnay:

> What do you mean by "dance successfully in Buenos Aires"?
> What is your definition of success?

     Well I'm not Lois, but I define it rather simply:
To be able to go to milongas and have portenas return
my steady gaze and meet me on the dance floor instead
of turning their heads away.

     Is this a trick question?   :)

     When non-dancers here in the US ask me about AT,
they often say, "Oh, I've seen ballroom dancing on
TV, do you compete?"  I explain the above, and tell
them that other than that, we don't need no stinkin'
prizes.

Huck