[Tango-L] Always close embrace III and the change in the music afterwards

Derik Rawson rawsonweb at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 22:43:31 EDT 2006

Dear Sergio:

I agree with everything you have said below, and I
think you have also perhaps answered Zoltan's question
below as well, about the change in music later in the
evening.  Thank you for your insight and perspective.

--- Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

"The mood (as Derik describes) changes after most
people leave by 4 am and there is more space to dance.
The music changes, it could be more Pugliese,
more Piazzola, More Raul Garello, more alternative
music, synthetized music, etc."

Derik
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com

Derik Rawson wrote:

PS-  I can always tell when the "close embrace all the
time people" arrive in a room to dance.  The music the
DJ plays suddenly becomes very predictable and cutsie
stuff... rather dull.  When "the parents" go home,
then the music then changes again and becomes more
lively.

Derik, you've made me curious.  Could you please give
us some examples of the boring close-embrace music you
do not like vs. the lively music you prefer?  Give us
titles and orchestras, or mp3 samples if you
prefer.

-Zoltan