[Tango-L] "Stay away from self appointed tango teachers."

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 22:52:46 EDT 2006

Dear Derik,

In your post, you seem to blame the close-embrace
style for your boredom rather than, well, yourself.
If you don't want to do close-embrace all the time,
fine.  But why place a value judgement on those who
do?

If you do not understand why people choose to do
close-embrace all-the-time, then I can only guess that
1) you don't know enough about close-embrace to keep
it interesting, 2) you do not value the same things
close-embrace people do, or 3) both.  There's nothing
wrong with that, but it is rude for you to place your
values on others on something so personal and
intimate.  "Keeping the embrace closed all the time is
like keeping the bandondeon closed all the
time...ridiculous!" is a value judgement.

If I am misreading you, then let me apologize in
advance.  I do wish, though, that you would express
yourself in a more thoughtful manner.

Trini de Pittsburgh