[Tango-A] NA-E: Kara Wehnam and Yanick Wyler in Asheville, NC July 9 to 14

karen jaffe kjsummit at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:50:21 EDT 2009

NA-E: Kara Wehnam and Yanick Wyler in Asheville, NC July 9 to 14

Tangogypsies presents
Kara Wehnam and Yanick Wyler
of Buenos Aires

July 9  to 14

see bios - www.tangogypsies.com

REGISTRATION IS OPEN, Class size is limited!

Locations
(FBFC MLC) FBFC Movement and Learning Center  90 Biltmore AVE, Asheville, 28801
(AAC) Asheville Arts Center  308 Merrimon Ave,Asheville, 28801

Schedule
Thursday, July 9: (FBFC MLC)
7:30p to 8:45p class 1: CONNECTION IN OPEN EMBRACE: (All Levels) Technique/concepts for dancing in open embrace.

9p to  10:15p class 2:CONNECTION AND MUSICALITY IN CLOSE EMBRACE: (All Levels) Technique/concepts for dancing in close embrace.

Friday , July 10: (FBFC MLC)
7:30p to  8:45p class 3:  TECHNIQUE FOR WOMEN (All Levels)
Adornos: The grounded leg/ the free leg.A study of our grounded leg and how it works so we can liberate the free leg.

9p to  10:15p:  class 4:  TURNING WITH EASE (All Levels)
Get good solid fundamentals on leading/following giros and pivots with fluidity and ease.

10:15pto  1am: supervised practica

Saturday, July 11:  (FBFC MLC)
12p to 1:30p:  class 5: MUSICALITY (INT) Get Rhythm: The small stuff that makes you dance.with complex rhythmic variations.

1:45 to  3:15p :  class 6: CONNECTION AND SENSUALITY(INT)
Slower Movements to connect the dance- Sustained movements, Paradas, Low Boleos

3:30p to  5p:  class 7: BOLEOS(INT/ADV)
Finding more creativity with our Boleos. Generating Boleos in unexpected places.

9p- 2a:  Milonga (AAC)
Light snacks,desserts, water and red wine included. BYOB if you wish.
Performance by Kara and Yanick

Sunday, July 12: (FBFC MLC)
1:30p to 3p : class 8 : SACADAS (INT) Of the Woman to the Man. Examining our structure, timing and technique, and playing with variety.

3:15p to   4:45p: class 9 : SMALL COLGADAS AND VOLCACAS (INT/ADV)
Combinations with subtle out-of-axis positions.

Pricing
Early registration- before June 30 : cash or check
One class $25, two classes $45, three classes $65
4 or more classes   $20 each
Friday supervised practica  $12
Saturday milonga  $15, includes red wine, snacks, desserts  BYOB Performance by KARA AND YANICK

Best Value Packages: FULL: all inclusive  Thurs thru Sunday  $175.
WEEKENDER: includes 5 classes Sat /Sun, Sat milonga  $100.
STUDENT Pricing- "FULL"- $100, "WEEKENDER"- $75, or $15/class
half of door prices for practica and milonga

Limited local housing with dancers available with completed registration

All info and contact—www.tangogypsies.com

kjsummit at hotmail.com

Karen Jaffe (828)-215-1177
Live fully,... Love freely,... Laugh out loud!
Dance like no one is watching.....