[Sci-tech-public] CIS Starr Forum Oct. 3 / Packer, Chandrasekaran, Bodine on Iraq

Ann Abbondante aca at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 18 15:38:13 EDT 2006

CIS STARR FORUM
M I T    C E N T E R    F O R    I N T E R N A T I O N A L    S T U D I E S

"REPORTERS' NOTEBOOK:  THE U.S. IN IRAQ"

Tuesday, October 3, 2006
5:00 p.m.

Join us for a discussion with two acclaimed journalists who reported on the invasion of Iraq and its aftermath, led by one of the senior U.S. officials they covered.

* GEORGE PACKER
New Yorker Staff Writer and author, "The Assassins' Gate: America in Iraq," a detailed account of the lead-up to and consequences of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

* RAJIV CHANDRASEKARAN
Assistant Managing Editor and former Baghdad Bureau Chief, The Washington Post; author of the new book, "Imperial Life in the Emerald City," an account of life in the Green Zone, Baghdad's walled-off U.S. enclave.

* BARBARA BODINE
Moderator
Ambassador Bodine spent much of her 30-year diplomatic career in the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula. In 2003, she served as coordinator for post-conflict reconstruction for Baghdad and the central governorates of Iraq. From 1997-2001, she was the U.S. Ambassador to Yemen. She also served as Deputy Principal Officer in Baghdad during the Iran-Iraq War and, in 1990, as Deputy Chief of Mission in Kuwait during the Iraqi invasion and occupation.
http://web.mit.edu/cis/bodine.html

light refreshments will be served

MIT's Bartos Theater
Weisner Building / Media Lab (E15-070)
20 Ames Street, Cambridge
(near the Kendall Square T Stop on the Red Line)
online map:
http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=bartos&mapsearch=go

starrforum at mit.edu
http://web.mit.edu/cis/starr.html