[Save] Course Info: HUMAN HEALTH AND GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE

jellyfin@MIT.EDU jellyfin at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 19 13:48:19 EST 2004

Hi Everyone:

Each year at registration time - I am asked by Dr. Eric Chivian's
office, (Dr. Chivian is the Director of the Center for Health and the
Global Environment, at the Harvard Medical School), to forward the
attached information to you regarding a course (Human Health and
Global Environmental Change) which is given at the Harvard Medical
School.  This term the course will be starting February 3, 2004.
Sessions will be held each Tuesday afternoon from February 3, 2004 -
May 4, 2004, 2:00-6:00 PM
in the Cannon Room, Building C, Harvard Medical School

Interdisciplinary faculty, including some of the foremost experts in
the country, teaches the course.  This elective course is also unique
in that it is open to students from every school at Harvard, as well
as from MIT and the Tufts Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.  The
course has received the highest marks possible from many students who
have taken it in the past two years (including those enrolled from
MIT).  The course will provide an overview of the basic physics,
chemistry, and biology of global environmental change, and the
potential consequences of these changes for human health.  Lectures
will be followed by small group discussion sections.  The topics to
be covered are listed on the agenda, which is attached (if you are
unable to open it please let me know and I will send it to you within
the text of an e-mail - or mail you a copy).

Please contact Margaret Thomsen of Harvard
(Margaret_Thomsen at hms.harvard.edu) or Tracy Graham at Harvard
(617-384-8530, email: Tracy_Graham at hms.harvard.edu), or Dr. Chivian
(eric_chivian at hms.harvard.edu) for information about registration or
any other questions you might have, etc.

Please let me know if you cannot open the attachment.

Cheers,
Jackie