[Save] Fwd: ACTION ALERT: DELL @ BC

mslow@MIT.EDU mslow at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 30 13:12:18 EST 2003

----- Forwarded message from Kara Reeve <kreeve at cleanwater.org> -----
    Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:03:52 -0500
    From: Kara Reeve <kreeve at cleanwater.org>
 Subject: ACTION ALERT: DELL @ BC
      To: shekinah02 at yahoo.com

                         ACTION ALERT

Major bird-dogging event:  DELL President speaks at Boston College on
November 3rd!

Toxic computer waste is threatening our health and the environment, and
taking action on the Dell campaign this semester is really important!

Dell Inc. purposefully sends mixed messages to the public regarding their
commitment to an e-waste (electronic waste) solution, distracting our
attention away from the human and environmental impacts their products
create. They recycle just a drop in the bucket of computer waste that
exists, but engage in public relations tactics, like one-day collection
events and small recycling efforts to bolster their 'green' image in the
public eye. Dell Inc. has yet to make a firm commitment to comprehensive
take back programs and clean design.

Dell will be on our turf, and we'll use this opportunity to combat the
"green" image that Dell's public relations firm is sending out to the media
and the public.

When: Monday, Nov. 3r
         2 pm
Where:  Boston College
            Fulton (building), room 511

Who:  Kevin Rollins, President and Chief Operating Officer at for Dell
Inc., will be addressing the business school

What: Activists from the Computer Take Back Campaign
(www.dontbeDELLuded.com)  will be there to " greet"  Mr. Rollins, question
his company's environmental policy, pass out information about the
campaign, and let him know that we know and care about this issue

Contact:  Kara  @ Clean Water Action if you would like to help
out:  617-338-8131 or kreeve at cleanwater.org
                       We need lots of people there to make this really
effective!

Can't come on Nov. 3rd, but still want to get involved?  E-mail
kreeve at cleanwater.org

Clean Water Action
Computer TakeBack Campaign Organizer
617.338.8131 phone
617.338.6449 fax
kreeve at cleanwater.org
www.computertakeback.com
www.toxicdude.com

this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
if you receive this communication in error, please notify me immediately by
e-mail, telephone or fax and delete the original message from your records.
thank you.

----- End forwarded message -----