PR Release WF - GRC ME54N

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Tue Aug 23 18:44:22 EDT 2016

onsdag 17. august 2016 07.37.43 CEST skrev Mark Pyc:
> I'm all for user decision, system update. It's the only practical way to
> ensure true instance level SoD

Could you be bothered to elaborate on that?
I fail to see any advantages in terms of Segregation of Duties (assuming that
is what you refer to) achieved by letting the user execute a user decision
task as opposed to, in this case, a task that starts transaction ME54N?
My point being that I don't see what you can do in your decision task that you
couldn't just as well do with the task delivered by SAP. So, perhaps its just
because I am not looking at it from the right perspective.

> If anyone does know of issues of background release I'd love details.
> I don't intend to hack around them, I'll be bitching to SAP to get them
> resolved.
It's not really an issue of background release, but when a user approves the
release code in ME54N or ME28 an event terminates the work item. This means
you can also hook up other workflows.

Plus, if you are preventing business users from using ME28/ME54N:
>From a user perspective: choice between ME28/ME54N  and workflow inbox.
>From a solution design perspective: you can choose to not use workflow for some
release codes.
--