Dynamic even in a wait step

Florin Wach (SI) florin.wach at systems-integration.net
Fri May 8 12:23:50 EDT 2015

Hi Mike,

as I'm on the train, here's the short version after having thought about some alternatives:

Instead of a Wait step, create a subflow with a single asynchronous background step that executes a dummy method.

Within that step you create a container element that is bound to the name of the dynamic event you're waiting for.

As terminating events of that task you define once all the possible events.

A instance linkage check FM now compares the name of the event with the value of that container element of the task.

Have a look at the instance binding of BUS2012.Released where the element 'ReleaseCode' is compared.

The subflow has only the reason to avoid 20+ outcomes of the task .  With a subflow it looks more cleaner.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
   Florin Wach
   Senior Workflow Engineer
   Systems-Integration

http://www.systems-integration.net