Method parameter issue

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Fri Jul 10 20:10:17 EDT 2015

Onsdag 8. juli 2015 17.42.10 skrev Dan Stoicof:
> Hello, I have an issue getting parameter data into and out of a method. I
> have a workflow container defined as type object (BUS2009) - multiline.  It
> contains a list of Purchase Requisition objects. I wrote a method that
> takes this container "in" for processing.  The parameter definition for
> this container is "Import/Multiline and of reference type "Object Type"
> (BUS2009). In the method, the data definition for the container is of type
> swc_object.
Not logged on at the moment, but is SWC_OBJECT the runtime object ID, or the
persistent object ID (the structure with a 70-character object key field)?
I think the persistent one may be called SWOTOBJID. There is a macro to
convert between the two types of references.
You will always use a persistent ID for any object ID that is stored e.g. in
the workflow container, the runtime object ID is (only?) used when calling a
method or querying an attribute using the macros.

> Here is the issue I'm facing:  when I test run the method, when
> the parameter comes up (supposedly for data entry) it is not modifiable.
If you are using the runtime ID it makes sense that you can not modify it,
because these ID's are only valid within a session.

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)