Decision Step Outcome

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Fri May 30 02:19:07 EDT 2014

Torsdag 29. mai 2014 14.16.07 skrev Sangvir Singh:
> Hi Folks,
> We are using webdynpro application to approve the workitem in UWL. This is
> a standard decision step and we have made a custom screen in webdynpro with
> approve and reject buttons Once approver clicks on approve or reject
> button, we are populating container fields  _WI_Result  and _Result as
> '0001' for approved and '0002' for rejected.
>
> The issue that  we are facing is , for some scenarions, even though the
> value in container is populated as '0002', but in workflow log it is
> showing decision step as approved. As a result of this, despite rejection ,
> worklow is going to next step approval. Please provide your inputs how to
> tackle this.
>
> Please note we are facing this issue for some scenarios only, for rest of
> instances, the decision is populated correctly for both approved and
> rejected workitems.
When you say "some scenarios", would that be some workflow templates or "code
paths", or is it only the data that vary? You are not saying what you have
checked and eliminated as possible sources of the problem, so I will assume
you have done nothing (which is probably not true). Start by checking if the
error cases have attributes that would lead them through specific code paths,
and check that there aren't any coding errors in the ABAP code or workflow
template definition there.

This is a vague answer, but if you want more to-the-point answers you must ask
to-the-point questions with more background information.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)