Background Workflowstep is hanging

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Fri May 30 02:08:52 EDT 2014

Onsdag 28. mai 2014 11.55.39 skrev Stefan.Brunner at swisscom.com:
> Hi,
>
> after the change of my WF, the first (Background)Step is hanging (this step
> is a simply standard-Methode 'Employeet->EXISTENCECHECK) and produce a Dump
>
> The workflow has only warnings.. Must I open an OSS-Call?

You *could* raise an OSS-call - but I think in their reply they would tell you
to fix your program unless you prove that your call to the standard class is
correct.

> Other has someone a tip?

You have to catch that exception and raise an exception that will be caught by
the workflow runtime engine if this is a situation which should lead to a
workflow error. If you don't expect an error here you have probably made an
error in your call to the standard class.

You have only included a screen shot of the dump - that is not the most
interesting or helpful piece of information to determine why the crash occurs.
You say that this is a standard method EMPLOYEET->EXISTENCECHECK, so your call
to create an EMPLOYEET object (including the values you pass) would be more
interesting.