Work item mass execution

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Wed Jul 2 14:58:53 EDT 2014

Sounds to me like something for OSS...

On 2 Jul 2014, at 15:32, george_caramaliu at yahoo.com wrote:

Hello,

There is one feature that I personally do not like because It caused me only problems where I found it used:)
In SBWP the users seems to like to select more work items and then push "Execute" button. Then all selected work items will be executed sequentially, but in some cases the work item behavior is different than when the work item is executed individually.
As an example, I have a task where BO method ECM.EDIT is to be executed.
The method is calling Tcode CC32, which uses object status technology to set different statuses and trigger the corresponding events.
To keep the story short, when I execute the work items individually the event ECM.CONFIRMATED is triggered for each document/task. If I execute multiple work items by selecting and push execute the event is triggered only for the last work item, causing obviously problems in workflow.
Debugging the Object status framework is quite complex, there is a lot of customizing involved, code executed in perform on commit, etc.

Do you know if SAP has any restrictions for this mass execution, or any documentation, I did not found any.

Thank you,
George Caramaliu
ABAP/Workflow Consultant