EHSM Incident Management Authorizations for Workflow Logs

Bratzler, Loren Loren.Bratzler at nscorp.com
Wed Jul 2 14:37:02 EDT 2014

We are in the process of implementing the EHSM Incident Management module here.  This module includes several standard workflows and one custom workflow that we have developed.  Now that we have started testing, I have noticed a strange authorization error that occurs when I go out and look at the workflow logs in SWI1.

I first noticed that my name was appearing in the log even though I had nothing to do with the workflow:
[cid:image004.jpg at 01CF9603.164DF5F0]

If I click on the green light in front of my name, I see the following exception message:

[cid:image003.png at 01CF9601.C22BFC70]

SU53 shows the following authorization failures:
[cid:image005.png at 01CF9602.5001CCF0]

Every time that I drill down into one of these logs or even if I just click the "refresh" button while in a log, I get several more of these entries appearing in the log with the same error message.

Our Security team analyzed and traced the errors and they determined that I would need the auth object EHHSS_INC1 and EHHSS_INC2 added to my roles in order to stop these errors from occurring.  However, this is not ideal because these authorization objects provide update capabilities to some of the Incident Management data.  It is very odd to me that I would need additional access to simply view a workflow log which is something that I do all the time for other workflows without problem.

I was curious if any of you Wuggers have any experience with the EHSM module and if so, did you run into this issue?

Loren Bratzler
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Email: loren.bratzler at nscorp.com<mailto:loren.bratzler at nscorp.com>