Purchase Order Approval:Organizational Unit

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Thu Feb 27 09:58:16 EST 2014

Swathi,

I think any solution you choose where you are maintaining amount limits in the org structure will be at best a kludge.  If you or your customer are dead-set on using the org structure for maintaining price splits in the workflow you could:

1. Maintain the values in the short description fields of the positions - we do something like this for some workflows and while it works, for a variety of reasons, it stinks.
2. You could maintain a job code or task with an infotype that has the value buried in it somewhere, then assign the job/task to each position or org unit.
3. You could maintain 3 different root org structures for each release level, put the values in a hijacked field (maybe again the short description) and choose the org structure based on the value.
4. Create a separate org unit with sub org units that simply hold the values in one of their unused fields, create a task that pulls in the org unit and loads container values based on the org unit data...
5. etc...

There are a number of things you can do.  None of them is a very good idea.  You will be lucky to be able to do it without some custom code.  In this case it is particularly unfortunate because SAP provides you with, really, standard methods to accomplish this.  It just doesn't involve the org structure.  Just remember, if your experience is anything like mine, the customer will blame you for a bad solution even if they demanded it ;-)

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive