[Privileged] Enhance sap class with custom event

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Tue Feb 25 13:09:57 EST 2014

Julius,

Not really a guru, but here is my $0.02...

Your question as posed is more of a process question than a workflow question.  There are a lot of dependencies that relate to the process that have to be answered before you decide on how to implement a solution.  For example, what if the PO gets cancelled, what if the user really wants to add more quantity or value to the PR, what if the user needs another line item, etc... .  There are a lot of consequences to just forcing a quick solution for all documents that really only solves a narrow range of conditions (that users might be complaining about).  Having said that...

Of course if you have already thought of all this and you have solid processes that support such a change, I can recommend a few of courses of action for you:

1.       There are customizing settings in MM-> Purchasing->Purchase Requisitions->Define Screen layout at Document Level that can be used to force screen fields as hidden, display only, optional, or mandatory.  These settings DO take into account the so-called "release indicator" given to released purchase requisitions and involve sets of "field selection keys".  You will have to read the documentation in SPRO as the use of these keys is bad-ugly to anyone not familiar with how they work (talk to your local purchasing consultant).

2.       A user exit / BAdI for ME52, ME52N, or any other transaction can be used to force whatever you want into place (talk to your local ABAPer)

3.       A quick and dirty would be to modify the workflow to look at say, field EBAN-EBELN for a PO value and not start the workflow if it finds one.  Use the workflow log and transaction SWETYPV to find the event / workflow linkage and of course SWDD / PFTC / etc... to modify the tasks and workflow to suite your needs.

I hope that helps.  We have had similar problems over the years, but due to a variety of reasons, the only action we ever took was to train the help desk on the proper response to the users who are having problems ;-)

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive