IF_SWF_IFS_BIND_TRANSFORM - transforming from BOR to ABAP object

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Mon Feb 10 06:38:45 EST 2014

Hi Kjetil,

Not a solution for a high volume WF, but an easy hack is to code an event receiver for the BOR event that raises the class event.  This can have additional benefits if e.g. you might want to inspect the object and propagate different events for different scenarios.

Regards,
Mike

On 10 Feb 2014, at 08:16, Kjetil Kilhavn <list.sap-wug at vettug.no> wrote:

Torsdag 6. februar 2014 14.13.44 skrev Mike Pokraka:
>> With the conversion I can choose to only have an object reference to the
>> class, so the work > > items will not show up in the workflow overview
>> from ME53N.
> This is exactly the reason I keep both object instances - normally we want
> it to show in GOS. If the bor is not needed we could just convert it at
> event stage and run the WF entirely off the class.

Which is what I chose to do in the end for this solution since this is not
really a workflow, it is an e-mail notification solution which just happens to
use a workflow task in order to use the available mechanisms for inclusion of
document information.
For any “real” workflow, I would also keep a reference to an object of the type
which is checked by Generic Object Services.

However, the reason I am answering your message is because I wonder if there
is a simpler way to convert it since you write "we could just convert it at
event stage" :-)

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)