Assistance required in Linking unix script, connect direct and SAP

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:52:49 EDT 2013

Hi Experts,

*Firstly my apologies if I have posted my question in a wrong place.*
*
*
I have a requirement where in I need to link SAP, UNIX script and connect
direct. As per the current architecture we are using CD (Connect direct)
software to transfer files from SAP to third party systems.

Current issue.

The present problem we are facing is when ever any batch job for
transferring files is showing completed status in SAP but while the
receiving system says files not received. We do not have any connect direct
log to confirm whether files received by connect direct or not.

Proposed design

I am aware of connect direct runs on UNIX script. If I have a mechanism
where in  I would call an RFC function module on UNIX script before files
(after batch job in SAP completion) are sent to connect direct and send a
confirmation message to SAP about files sent to connect direct and call an
RFC on the UNIX script before connect direct sends the files to the third
party system.

I know there is no workflow requirement in my proposed solution but in case
if anyone has come across similar kind of requirement, kindly help me.
*
*

--
Thanks and Regards