Offline Approval to ECC via Outlook

Sharath K ksharath77 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 18:48:43 EST 2013

This can be acheived with some HTML and SAP-ABAP porgramming.
On task execution an email should be sent to approver with a link to approve- On approval click,  we trigger an custom event(RFC Function call) which should be used to continue the approval workflow.Approver dont need logon to the system we can use some RFC user to connect to SAP. It is not completely offline..Approver has to be connected to network.

We implemented this solution for some of clients..in R/3 (4.7 Enterprise). It needs some HTML skills and quite some ABAP programming...