Extended notifications and attached objects

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Apr 17 16:14:29 EDT 2013

Update: I think I am well on the way to solving this, having found this SCN thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/2149646

Sorry for troubling you all. :)

Margaret

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Hilsbos, Margaret A
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:52 AM
To: sap-wug at mit.edu
Subject: Extended notifications and attached objects

Hi WUGers,

I am working on a new workflow and had planned to use extended notifications. We have a work item which has a PDF document attached. The PDF document shows up in SBWP in the objects list for the work item, as an Office Document. (This part works great.)

After configuring extended notifications, I found (probably no surprise to many of you, but hadn't occurred to me) that the PDF does not come with the email sent by extended notifications. This will not support our requirement. Is there a way I can have the attachment come with the extended notification, or do I need to nix extended notifications for this work item and instead use a parallel step to send the mail with the attachment?  Or are there other options you can suggest?

Thanks!

Margaret Hilsbos