Which workflow inbox when? New blog on SCN

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Nov 26 23:46:54 EST 2012

Hi Volker,
I think perhaps you should consider another look...

While I understand the frustration, which was shared by many in the early days of the new SCN, many measures have since been taken to improve these, such as making it clearer to newbies the difference between a discussion and a blog, and making a discussion the very first option in the Create menu.  Also we have a considerable number of moderators, including myself, watching the various spaces - i.e. topic areas - who focus on removing misposted blogs, educating newbies, gently disciplining repeat offenders, and encouraging those who post good quality content. We also provide a Report Abuse option that anyone can use to advise us of suspect content.  This does seem to be working and the number of misposted blogs is greatly reduced since these changes were put in effect.

Some of those who used to regular post in the sap-wug list are now active members of the Business Workflow and Business Process Management and Composition spaces such as Sue Keohan, Rick Bakker and myself.  I would love to see more of our SAP-wuggers in there showing their expertise by blogging, and catching out those few individuals who are reposting already copyrighted material - which is definitely not allowed.  While we do our best to catch these, the more people who are looking the better as we all monitor different sites.

The Communications and Activity feed are provided as tailored-by-you quick feeds (you can also specify these as your landing page) which would let you catch up when you want to ... and these can now be accessed also via the SCN Mobile site powered by Jive which personally I find easier to read than the website - see here for info http://scn.sap.com/community/about/blog/2012/10/19/scn-goes-mobile.

Another alternative is to monitor automated twitter feeds such as https://twitter.com/scnblogs - this I really like as it is an automated feed of blogs only and gives you a quick heads up on many of the far more interesting blogs that are increasingly cropping up such as this one on Ageism: http://scn.sap.com/community/about/blog/2012/11/20/the-most-balanced-piece-i-could-write-about-the-stupidity-of-ageis and this one on upskilling: http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2012/10/24/a-call-to-arms-for-abap-developers

#justsayin
Regards,
Jocelyn