Workflow approvers are non SAP usesr

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Nov 21 08:59:31 EST 2012

John,

On second thought, I should note that the “offline approval” scenario – as I understand it -  is really designed for users who are SAP users who need the ability to approve without being logged in.

There are at least a couple problems with what you are asking. 1) You lose history if you don’t have a username to apply to the approval execution in the system. (Who approved the item?) You could probably find a creative way to handle that problem but that’s just adding work and complexity – is avoiding having a few more users really worth it? And … 2) are there license implications with doing so? Particularly if a company does this precisely for the purpose of avoiding license expense. (I don’t know much about the licensing side but this occurred to me as a potential concern. Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t.)

I would probably lean toward just creating the users, but look at the offline approval scenario for allowing them to avoid actually having to log in.

Just a little more to throw into the mix.  Maybe someone with a little more direct experience with this scenario will weigh in.

Margaret