Duplicate workitem is getting created for the EVENT 'RELEASESTEPCREATED' in the business object BUS2012

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 06:44:59 EDT 2012

Hi Experts,

I have facing a strange issue with the business object BUS2012 event
"Releasestepcreated". The custom workflow  will sta start via event
'Releasestepcreatedd" from BUS2012. I have created a  function module
to check the start conditions and assigned this in SWE2. The start
conditions are if the EKKO-BSART = NB or EKKO = YNBC followed by two
more conditions the workflow will start only when these consitions are
true. For every PO created I am getting two workitems with the same
creation date and time. In the event log I could see small difference,
event id is different and Object key under receiver data is also
differeent and rest of things are same. Can some one tell me how to
avoid these duplicates.

Thanks and Regards
Srini..
SAP Technical Consultant